Rational:-To provide students with an easily accessible site which could help guide them through the first year out of school. It would not be intended to give specific information itself but provide links and suggested avenues towards a range of sites as well as open up the opportunity for past students to talk to a nominated staff member if needed.
• Job Jump _-https:// www. jobjump.com.au/ . The main site here is "Job Jump" which is a site that Yr12 are already familiar with but probably have not used to its fullest extent. This siter covers the following areas:-
o Apprenticeships and Training
o Career Fields and Research/Advisory Services/Career Quizzes/Registered Training Organisations (RTOs)
o Disability Options/training and employment.
o Financial Assessment-Tax File Numbers/Allowances
o TAFE-courses/USf/smart and skilled work
• Nova Employment Agency- https:/ / www.novaemployment.com.au/. NOVA is a Competitive Integrated Employment (CIE) Program that offers specialist job seeking assistance and post placement support. NOVA works exclusively with people who have a variety of disabilities or significant barriers to work
• NDIS- htt ps:// www.ndis .gov.au/part icipant s. The NDIS can provide all people with disability with information and connections to services in their communities such as doctors, sporting clubs, support groups, libraries and schools, as well as information about what support is provided by each state and territory government.
WELLBEING AND MENTAL HEALTH SUPPORT
sttars -Supporting Survivors of Torture and Trauma - 8206 8900 www.sttars.org.au Specifically available for refugees and asylum seekers and designed to help individuals and families rebuild their lives
Australian Refugee Council - https://www.refugeecouncil.org.au/ RCOA's own work is centred around five key areas: policy, support for refugees, support for its members, community education and administration.
Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network - https://myan.org.au/ Multicultural Youth Advocacy Network - support youth from culturally
and linguistically diverse backgrounds and can have youth activities and leadership opport unit ies.
Community Migrant Resource Centre - https://cmrc.com.au/ https://www.facebook.com/CommunityMRC/ focuses on permanent migrants and refugees who came to Australia in the last five years - have caseworkers for youth, families and youth activities.
Cumberland Multicultural Community Services
AIME - Most Uni and TAFE Campuses will have information and support services.
AECG - (Aust Aboriginal Consultative Group) htt ps:// www.aecg.nsw.ed.u If you are not attending a Tertiary Campus of you can access your local AECG which has an enormous amount of support through the use of their AECG Mobile App
• LGBTQI - ACON - ht tps :/ / www.acon.org.au/ . NSW's leading health organisation for people of diverse sexualities and genders
Qlife - https://www.glife.org.au/ - Qlife provides anonymous and free LGBTI peer support and referral for people wanting to talking about sexuality, identity, gender, bodies, feelings or relationships.
• Domestic Violence Support Line - 1800 RESPECT - 1800 737732
-Domestic Violence line (24 hours) 1800 6564 63
• Rape/sexual assault- NSW Rape Crisis Centre 1800 424017
- Sexual Assault Counselling Australia 1800 211028
- online counselling at https://www.rape-dvservices.org.au/
• Mental Health Support
Lifeline -13 1114- or https:ljwww.lifeline.org.au/. lifeline is a national charity providing all Australians
experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24 hr crisis support and suicide prevention services
Beyond Blue-1300 224636 or https:ljwww.beyondblue.org.au/ - Beyond Blue provides information and support to help everyone in Australia achieve their best possible mental health.
Headspace - https://headspace.org.au/ - eheadspace provides free online and telephone support and counselling to young people 12 - 25 and their families and friends.
Blackdog Institute- htt ps:/ / www.blackdoginst it ut e.org.au/. include: depression, bipolar disorder, posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, workplace mental health, adolescents and young people, suicide prevention, e-mental health, and positive psychology and wellbeing.
SOCIAL SURVIVAL SKILLS
• Centrelink Access
htt ps: lj www.servicesausrtalia.gov.au/ individuals/ centrelink/ sub jects. If you go to this web page it gives you a list of all the services that Centrelink has in alphabetical order.
• myGov- htt p:lj my.gov.au. What is myGov?. The myGov portal is a simple and secure way to access government online services such as:- Australian Taxation Office, Centrelink, My Health Record, National Disability Insurance Scheme, Australian JobSearch and others. Its aim is to provide Australians with a single online destination for accessing government services with one login and one password.
• Legal Support - Law Access: https://www.lawaccess.nsw.gov.au/
Legal Aid: https://www.legalaid.nsw.gov.au/contact-us Youth Law Australia https://yla.org.au/
Transport for NSW Roads and Maritime - 13 22 13 - https://www.rms.nsw.gov.au/ - Cover a lot of areas but main ones are licences and tests, demerits and offences, registration and tolling. https://transportnsw.info/ - this site helps you get travel information, plan trips, buy tickets and get help and information.
Local Bus services - https://www.cdcbus.com.au/hillsbus-timetables maps https://www.cityofparramatta.nsw.gov.au/living communityparking-and-transport/free-shuttle-bus - City of Parramatta free city bus. https://moovitapp.com- general app for transport information
• Accommodation - Centrelink has a specific section dealing with this or you could go to either ofthe following web sites - https://www.domain.com.au/
-htt ps;// www.realestat e.com.au/
• Passports and/or Visa - https://www.passports.gov.au/
• Travelling - https://www.smartraveller.gov.au
• Australian Citizenship - ht t ps:/ / imm i.homeaff airs.gov .au/ citizenship/ become-a citizen
• Insurances - htt ps:/ / www.insurancecouncl.icom.au/ for-consumers/types-of insurance
• Scamwatch - If you want to check up on any possible s cams and/or re[ort them https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/
• Banking - https://moneysmart.gov.au/banking https://asic.gov.au/for-consumers/banking/
• Work Health and Safety Training - General information and legislation
Training - There are a number of these around and this is but one of them https://safetyaustraliagroup.com.au/safety-training/
CLUBS AND SPORT REC OPTIONS
• iYouth Centre - https://www.facebook.com/lYouthCentre/ Youth centre and chill out space, youth activities in Auburn, connected to Auburn Gallipoli Mosque but open to everyone.
• PCYC Clubs (Police Citizen Youth Clubs) - Parramatta, Auburn, Blacktown, etc htt ps:// www.pcycnsw.org.au/
• Auburn Youth Centre (Lidcombe)- https://www.ayc.org.au/ -youth activities for 12-25 years old, casework, work development orders to pay off fines, training kitchen for hospitality, school holiday programs