Imagine Endeavour Achieve
T: Telephone 02 9630 4116
Timing and delivery of lines within the group audition
Clarity and quality of the voice, diction, considering the relevant traits of a character
Displaying body movement, hand gestures, eye contact
Characterisation by showing focus and conviction
Demonstrating ability to engage an audience
● Prepare a 2 - 3 minute monologue for the individual live audition.
● When demonstrating performance skills for a live audition, candidates should consider: timing, voice, movement,characterisation (focus and conviction). It is important to engage the audience.
● Candidates can perform one of the suggested monologues, or you can source your own, however when choosing your own monologue scripted or devised, your monologue must contain appropriate content.
● Candidates should wear theatre 'blacks', comfortable tshirt and tights / pants and hair up and off their face
● Introduce themselves, discuss schools or courses attended, productions they have been involved in, experiences as a performer. Areas of interest as a Drama student including additional skills, dancing, singing, script writing etc.
● List any relevant details of your performing arts background. (extra curricular groups, shows, theatre groups etc)
● Deliver a chosen monologue either of their own choice or from one of the suggested monologues.
● Take opportunity to ask questions about the courses, school and performance opportunities
● Perform from a given script
● Collaborate with other students in a directed activity
● Demonstrate improvisation skills
● Engage in movement activities and show characterisation skills
● Demonstrate voice skills such as projection and articulation
28 Campbell Street
Northmead NSW 2152
telephone 02 9630 4116
We would like to pay our respects and acknowledge the traditional custodians of the land and also pay respect to Elders both past and present.
Copyright for this website is owned by the State of New South Wales through the Department of Education. For more information go to http://www.dec.nsw.gov.au/footer/copyright.